THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 12: What A Day



Yesterday I went to a park called Lunetta Park. The park was like all the malls that I've been to out here: Big and Beautiful. The interesting thing about this place is all the historical monuments that are located within the park. There were huge monuments that just added to the prestige of the park. The coolest aspect of the park was a section called the "Chinese Gardens." To get in I had to pay 10 pesos (A little less than a quarter); and as soon as I walked in I was instantly amazed by what I seen. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. There were trees all around me; a couple of man made ponds populated by coy fish; a nice statue of Confucius (Chinese Philosopher), and a corridor that stretches about 100 yards. This corridor had a roof that was supported by many pillars. Each pillar had a marble tablet on it that had a Chinese proverb inscribed on it that was translated in three different languages: Tagalog, Chinese, and English. It took me around 20 minutes to walk through the corridor because I read two new  interesting Chinese proverbs (one to my left and one to my right) with each step. Each proverb taught me something different about life and what it's about. It was a nice touch to arrange these marble tablets like they did because every time I read one I stopped and reflected on how this proverb applies to my life. It was the most enlightening 20 minute stroll I've ever been on. Later in the day I went to the Rockwell Power-plant Mall; which was just another gorgeous monstrosity. I'm not going to elaborate on this mall because I think I'm starting to sound a little repetitive when it comes to describing another Philippine mall. So I left this mall and walked to what the locals call the mercado or "the food bazaar." This place was just what I've been looking for. When you first walk up you see a huge soccer field with a couple of pick-up games being played simultaneously. They play pick-up games of soccer the same way Americans play pick-up games of basketball. It's crazy; I've never seen soccer pick-up games before. While the games were being played there were people waiting on the sidelines assimilating teams to compete against the winner. After this I entered the bazaar and it was heaven to a food-lover like myself. They had everything: BBQ, burgers, every Asian food you can think of, sweets and drinks (soft drinks and alcohol). I bought my food then I went into this tent where they had a live band. The craziest thing about the food bazaar was it didn't end until 3 am! Hence the reason why I'm writing day 12 on day 13. I was sitting there enjoying the food, the music, and the atmosphere while thinking to myself: "Man my family would've loved this." 

LUNETTA PARK

GORGEOUS MAN-MADE POND

"LA MADRE DE FILIPINA" MONUMENT


No comments:

Post a Comment