THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 9: The Greenbelt Mall


Today I went to the Greenbelt Mall and It was, by far, the nicest mall I've ever seen before. But before I went to the Greenbelt I had to go back to the Mega Mall. I went back because there was just so much that I didn't get to see because the mall is ridiculously huge. While walking through this gigantic mall I came across one of my favorite restaurants; Chilis! I used to work at the Chilis in Stockton so you already know I had to see how they did things in the Chilis of the Philippines. So I headed straight for the bar as soon as I walked through the doors. When I got to the bar I told the bartender that I used to work for the Chilis in California and it was like I was one of their coworkers. The bartender immediately introduced me to the manager and told him that I am a former Chlis-head. After he did this it was almost like a Chilis reunion. I met the whole staff and they were genuinely interested on how the Chilis restaurants in California did things. I went to the Greenbelt mall around 6:30 pm. The Greenbelt Mall is absolutely amazing. The most beautiful thing about this mall was that it had an actual chapel located in the middle of the mall. Bare with me as I paint you a picture of this mall: Imagine a mall that has five buildings. The buildings are arranged that of like a pentagon. At the middle of this pentagon are some nice restaurants and a beautiful man-made lake. The lake runs underneath the gorgeous open-air chapel. I was lucky enough to be present at the time of an actual service that was being conducted. I came in while they were citing the prayer right before Catholics receive the Eucharist: 
Lord though I'm not worthy to recieve you, 
Only say the words and I shall be healed. 
This part of the service is very significant to me because this prayer is a prayer that is deeply embedded in my heart. Though this prayer is very short; it is one that explains my relationship with the man above. Was it a coincidence? Was it a sign? I don't know. What I do know is after hearing the prayer, that I have tattooed on my chest,  I felt obligated to go to the altar and receive a blessing from the Priest. It was an amazing feeling and an awesome moment. 

PHILIPPINES CHILIS STAFF

BEAUTIFUL OPEN-AIR MASS







No comments:

Post a Comment