THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 13: An Experience That Will Last a Lifetime


Wow... I can't believe its over. These past two weeks flew by way too fast. Matter-of-fact; the only reason the past two weeks aren't a blur is because I have this blog to remind me of all the awesome times that I had.  Today I say goodbye to the Philippines and let me tell you; I can't wait to get home. I can't wait to see my family and give them their gifts. I can't wait to see my cousins and best friends and reveal two weeks worth of stories exploring a different country. I can't wait to see my roommate/life-partner (HAHA) and tell her what happened to me these past couple of days; and I definitely can't wait to sleep in my own bed! All this may be true but I have to say that a part of me is going to stay in the Philippines. From the food; to the weather and just the simple way of life was very enlightening. I tell you these last couple of weeks have felt like a safe haven for me. The best thing about my trip was the fact that I've learned so much about myself and my roots. Leaving the states makes you realize how good you have it; and what you're missing out on. There were so many things out there that were a basic way of life that wouldn't even be thought about in America. I met so many amazing people (both local and tourists) that I can honestly say will be acquaintances of mine for life. To sum it up my trip to the Philippines was everything I expected it to be; an experience that will last a lifetime. I'll be home soon; see you when I get there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment