THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 7: Traveling Within The Philippines



NOTE TO SELF: Never use Philippine Airlines again. Traveling within the Philippines can be; no wait, is very irritating. I haven’t been this irritated traveling since the first couple of days I got out here. And the first couple of days I was irritated for the exact same reasons. The airlines out here, for lack of a better term, suck. If anyone is planning on traveling within the Philippines be prepared to be very angry. First and foremost I can guarantee you that the plane will be delayed; no matter what. So don’t look at the departure time as an actual flight time; just look at the time as an “around-about” time. The first weekend I was out here there was a big typhoon so I couldn’t blame the airlines completely. But here’s my thing: If every flight is going to be delayed because of the weather conditions; why not just cancel all the flights for that day? My original flight from Manila to Kalibo was scheduled for 3:24pm. Then they sent me an email, weeks before my vacation, saying that they moved my flight to 7:00pm. Check out time at every hotel in the world is pretty much around noon. Then it was delayed two hours. So I was basically stuck at an airport with a ridiculous wifi connection and no phone for nine hours!!! NINE HOURS!!! And you’d think because of this inconvenience the airline would compensate you somehow right? Wrong! When they dropped me off I was pretty much on my own. I almost didn’t make it to Boracay. I pretty much had to beg, borrow, and deal to get across the ocean. Now fast-forward to today. I get to the airport in Kalibo and like I anticipated; the flight was delayed. I almost didn’t make it because I couldn’t hear anything. The waiting area in the Kalibo airport is only the size of a small basketball court. That wasn’t the problem. The problem was the airport’s PA system was as loud as a stocked car radio minus the bass. Had it not been for me making friends with a gentlemen on the same flight I probably would’ve missed my departure. I’ve never been so drained after taking a 50 minute plane ride in my life. I’m here at the hotel right now and just stayed in the room. Tomorrow I’ll start exploring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment