THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 4: A Night Out


At The Pearl of The Pacific resort the entire staff pretty much knows that I traveled alone and when they found this out it was like they took it upon themselves to make sure that I get the full Boracay experience. So when I insinuated that I wanted to go dancing these two young men immediately offered to take me out. Mervin (to my right) is a waiter at the resort restaurant and Bengie (to my left) is the resort security guard. Last night we had a blast! I mean the music wasn't really my type but the atmosphere was very upbeat. In the Philippines every club usually plays house and techno music; which I'm not too crazy about, but everyone else seems to really enjoy it. The drinks were amazingly cheap. I don't think I've ever paid 2 dollars for a drink in my life. The cool thing was the guys that I were with pretty much knew everyone so getting to the front of the line without paying an entrance fee was a given. But I have to say that I was also kind of disappointed though. Let me ask you a question (and this question is strictly for the guys). Would you get irritated if every time you approached a female and started a conversation and in that conversation you indicated that you're an American; almost immediately after this they present you with an indecent proposal? Apparently American men have a reputation for going to clubs and buying more than just drinks. This happened to me at least three times last night and every time this happened I always asked two questions: (1) Do I look like I need to pay for it? (2) Why do you do this to yourself? The answers that I received ranged from the usual "daddy issues;" to the "What's it to you?" And it's nothing to me but this took all the fun out of the interaction because they usually didn't waste their time with me after this; which was fine with me (I'm a big boy) but I was just disappointed to learn that beautiful Filipinas have to resort to that kind of behavior. Other than this aspect the nightlife was pretty live. Today I plan on going cliff diving and scooba diving; I'll let you guys know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment