THINGS TO CHECK OUT

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 5: Happy 4th Of July Everyone!!!!


This is how I celebrated my 4th of July. I bought a package that included cliff diving and snorkeling at a place called Ariel's Point. Ariel's Point was located on a little island 40 minutes away from Boracay. To get to this island we took a chartered boat that provided us with food and drinks that was all inclusive. It was awesome! Snorkeling was pretty fun but it was nothing compared to cliff diving. This is by far the most craziest thing I've ever done! The picture you see is me jumping off a plank that stood 8 meters from the water. There were three different planks. They stood 5, 8, and 15 meters. I only did the 8 meter jump because; I'm not going to lie, I was too scared to do the 15 meters. And I'm glad that I didn't because I'm a little soar and bruised from the 8 meter jump this morning. There is a certain method to the madness when going cliff diving. If you jump off the plank without the proper form you can really hurt yourself. When I hit the water it felt like someone hit me in the butt with a 2x4. I seen one girl jump and when she came back she had a bruise on the back side of her leg the size of a grapefruit. Salt water shoots up into your nose and ears immediately after hitting the ocean. But there is no feeling like free-fall. When you're in free-fall, even though it only takes about a second, it feels like an eternity. When I jumped off the plank I remember thinking to myself, "Okay... Where is the water?!" I was saying this to myself because as soon as I jumped I started holding my breath. So when I became submerged in the water I was hurrying to reach the surface because I was nearly out of breath. I'm so glad that I went through with this activity. The individuals that I met were some of the most amazing people I've ever come across. There was this one guy named Larry that jumped off the plank even though he couldn't swim. I told him he was awesome and where I'm from he would be considered a "G" for doing something like that. One girl asked me why I had "Boogies" on my chest. After explaining what the name meant all I heard the rest of the trip was "Boogies this" and "Boogies that." Made me feel right at home. 

AMAZING PEOPLE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment